Drilling Fluids & Cementing
Upon the successful completion of this course, the participant(s) will be able to:
- Be aware with the whole drilling operations briefly, well profiles & all used related services used in the well.
- Be aware with the drilling fluids & cementing programs based on the available well drilling programs details.
- Be aware with the design, preparing, testing & treating the DRLG Fluids while drilling the whole well sections specially the pay zone to prevent the complications due to pay zone damage, skin factor, hole cleaning …..
- Be aware with the mud properties & testing procedures @ rig site.
- Evaluate the mud problems while drilling the whole well specifically the pay zone section & how the skin factor can be controlled while drilling.
- Be aware with all differences, advantages, disadvantages & handling issues for both OBM & WBM different mud systems.
- Be aware with the design, preparing, testing & performing the cementing jobs for the whole well sections specially the pay zone to prevent the complications due to pay zone damage, skin factor, liner problems …..
- Evaluate the cement behind casing quality specially in the pay zone & the needed remedial actions in any failure’s cases.
- Know a detailed idea about the completion fluid properties, problems, types, filtration, treatment ways ……
- Be aware with all cementing calculations.
- Be aware with all cementing chemicals, equipment & accessories.
- Be aware with all cementing lab test & all cement job types.
- Be aware with the cement evaluation jobs (CBL-VDL-USIT).
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for drilling engineers, senior drilling engineers, operations engineers, well testing engineers & operators, senior operations engineers, completion engineers, reservoir engineers, production engineers, day well site supervisors, night well site supervisors, contractors’ stuff & all supporting staff needing to gain an understanding of the principles and practices relevant to the drilling fluids & cementing activities.
- This interactive online training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total tuition hours
- 25% Lectures
- 30% Workshops & Work Presentations
- 20% Case Studies & Practical Exercises
- 25% Videos, Animation & General Discussions
- Drilling Well Services (Brief)
- Drilling & WO Rigs.
- Drilling Bits.
- BHA & Down Hole Tools.
- Drilling Fluids (OBM & WBM) in more details than others.
- Casing & Cementing in more details than others.
- Well Head Services.
- Surveys & Logging (Open Hole & Cased Hole).
- Cold Cutter & Hot Welding.
- Safety Alerts
- Cont. Drilling Well Services (Brief)
- Fishing Tools & Operations.
- Directions Drilling.
- Cut Core (Convectional & Oriented).
- Clean Out Scraper Runs & Completion Fluid Displacement.
- Liner & Production CSG.
- Well Testing.
- Well Completions.
- Drilling Fluids “MUD”
- Drilling Fluids Functions
- Main Differences between OBM & WBM.
- OBM Treatment.
- Different Mud Systems.
- Mud Chemicals.
- Cont. Drilling Fluids “Mud”
- Mud Properties.
- Drilling Fluids Program Preparations.
- Mud Measurements & All Related Devices.
- General Drilling Problems in relation with the mud.
- Mud Losses & Fluid Invasion.
- LCM’s & Cement Plugs Losses Treatment.
- Cont. Drilling Fluids “Mud”
- Kicks & Well Control Issues.
- Kill Sheet Calculations.
- Stuck Pipe & Long OH Exposure Time Effect.
- Hole Cleaning & Mud Contaminations.
- DRLG Fluids & Skin Factor Relationship while drilling operations
- Casing Design Brief ( (Sizes, Hole Sections, Properties, Setting Depths, Accessories, Running procedures, CSG Problems). )
- Cementing Functions.
- Cont. Cementing
- Dry Cement Classes.
- Cementing Chemicals & Functions.
- Cementing Equipment, Tools, Accessories, Specifications, Setup, Rigging Up Procedures, related problems …).
- HSE Alerts
- Cont. Cementing
- Cement Unit Components.
- Cementing Program & Lab Test Preparations.
- Cementing Jobs Types (On Fly & Batch Mixed).
- Liner Cement Job Procedures & All Related Problems with solutions.
- Cementing Quality Evaluation & its importance while the well life.
- CSG Punch & CMT Squeeze Jobs.
- ST CMT Plugs (OH & CH).
- Whip Stock Techniques.
- Different real CH logs & problems evaluation
Advantages of attending and participating in any online training program at the Scandinavian Academy for Training and Development in the Kingdom of Sweden
The trainee will receive a training bag that contains:
- The scientific material preserved on flash memory
- A paper certificate of attendance issued by the Scandinavian Academy for Training and Development
- An electronic certificate of attendance issued by the Scandinavian Academy for Training and Development
- The certificate can be attested by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the trainee’s embassy in the Kingdom of Sweden with an additional fee
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Start Date 10-01-2021
- End Date 14-01-2021
- Duration 15 ساعة
- Skill level جميع المستويات
- Language الإنجليزية
- Students 0
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes